Raspberry Seed Oil Benefits and Uses
Maybe you’re new to our blog, but we like talking about how our skin is our largest organ, and how what we put into our body is important along with what we put on our body. About 60% of what we put onto our skin gets absorbed into our systems.
You’ll see that our products are often identifiable from plants and fruits that you see on healthy eating lists too, making their cold-pressed seed counterparts great candidates for intense skin healing. Red Raspberry Seeds are no different. We love the fruit for eating, and the seeds for moisturizing our skin.
Table of Contents
Red Raspberry Facts
- Raspberries have a 50% higher antioxidant activity than strawberries, three times that of kiwis, and ten times that of tomatoes.
- Raspberries contain some of the most dietary fiber among whole food sources
- Raspberries contain zeaxanthin, which filters blue light rays to protect your eyes
- Raspberries have other important nutrients including:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
Red Raspberry Seed Oil Benefits For Skin
Our 100% pure, organic Red Raspberry Seed Oil (Rubus Idaeus) maintains all of its vitamin benefits because it’s never been heated. Cold-pressing the seeds maintains the best integrity of the natural skin-boosting benefits, so always make sure that that’s what you’re using to get the max perks out of this list.
1. Daily UV-Blocker – Use Red Raspberry Seed Oil as a daily moisturizer as the first layer of defense before adding a daily sunscreen.
It naturally absorbs UV-A and UV-B rays without any artificial chemicals. Make sure to hit your chest with this oil too – that area gets lots of sun and not much care! Check out our blog about its sun fighting power.
2. Anti-inflammatory Skin Healer – This little wonder boasts the highest content of any fruit seed for alpha linolenic acid, which is an anti-inflammatory agent. It also has some phytosterols, which is helpful for inflamed skin issues like eczema and psoriasis.
3. Sun Damage Restorer – These phytosterols do lots of good things, like also repairing skin after sun damage that we can’t even see.
4. Antioxidant Booster – Raspberry seeds have crazy high levels of Vitamin E, which is one of the more popular natural antioxidants.
Antioxidants fight free radicals and combat oxidative damage, which is a leading cause of skin cancer and premature aging.
5. Wrinkle Fighter – They also boast another antioxidant called ellagic acid, which prevents early wrinkles and boosts your skin’s natural collagen and elastin production, which makes your face look more youthful and firm.
6. Intense Moisturizer – Even though it smooths on nicely, it’s a very moisturizing oil. Use when your skin is especially dry in the fall and winter seasons when the air holds less moisture but the sun can still beat down (and we forget the need for sunscreen because we’re bundled up).
Those phytosterols are again known to reduce water loss on the skin, keeping you hydrated and moisturized for longer.
7. Acne Fighter – Let’s chat about omega-3 & -6 fatty acids. High levels of these acids have been shown to decrease inflammation and fight acne too.
It helps decrease an insulin-like growth factor and hyperkeratinization of your pores and follicles, improving dermatitis and acne.
8. Oil Production Controller – Using Red Raspberry Seed Oil everyday will balance out your skin’s natural oil production since it will notice that it’s already getting moisturized and receiving these benefits above.
Add to your hair regimen too – it will strengthen your hair, add shine, and fight split ends. Hair gets sun damage and dryness too.
Red Raspberry Seed Oil Benefits for Hair
1. Encourages hair growth Folates help in the formation of healthy red blood cells, which stimulate blood flow, which hair follicles need for growth.
2. Improves hair quality Magnesium and silicon in raspberries can help to thicken hair and give it an overall shinier appearance.
How to Use Red Raspberry Seed Oil on Hair & Scalp
In order to add a natural shine to your hair and promote hair growth and thickness:
- Add a few drops to your favorite conditioner to soothe the scalp
- Put a few drops onto your scalp for a scalp massage. Then pull the oil through your hair 20 minutes before shampooing (This will help you fight dandruff when it’s really dry outside)
- Rub a drop or two into ends before blow drying
How to Use Red Raspberry Seed Oil on Skin
To experience the benefits that raspberry oil has on your skin try the following:
- Rub a few drops onto dry and blemished skin to ease eczema, psoriasis
- Place a drop or two on your face after your toner for added moisture
Why Pure Raspberry Seed Oil?
Pure ingredients make a difference for your health and to see the effects of the benefits listed above. In fact, harmful additives can exacerbate the very skin conditions that you are trying to treat. Raspberry Seed Oil may be one of the most slept on pure pressed oils.
Not only is it amazing to combat oily skin, it also acts as a natural SPF enhancer, reduces scarring and inflammation, and rates only a 1 on the comedogenic scale– meaning it will not clog your pores, and is amazing in treating and preventing blemishes. What more could you ask for from one ingredient? Raspberry Seed Oil contains high levels of ellagic acid which is responsible for the antioxidant properties found within the oil.
We are also confident in our use of Raspberry Seed Oil not affecting the environment, as raspberries are amazingly abundant in many parts of the world(including Germany, Poland, Chile, Mexico, United States and more!) and will not contribute to any economic waste.
Here at SIMPURE, we offer our 100% pure pressed Raspberry Seed Oil in 15mL (0.5oz), 2 oz, and 4 oz. And if you want to try a few of our other amazing oils, check out our Must Have Oils Gift Box!
We love applying this oil directly to our skin after cleansing and toning. If applying oil directly to your skin worries you, try starting out by adding a few drops to your favorite SIMPURE moisturizer or SPF. Work your way up to directly adding a layer of Raspberry Seed Oil to your face and neck before bed, and wake up to the most amazing glow you could ever imagine.
And just remember, oily skin means your skin is working double time to produce the correct amount, so applying topically will do the job for your skin and allow it to rest.
Looking for 100% pure raspberry seed oil? Get yours from SIMPURE skincare with the guarantee of no harmful additives.