DIY Toxic-FREE Floor Cleaner with Essential Oils
SIMPLE | SAFE | CLEAN Toxic-FREE Floor Cleaner for Tile, Hardwoods & Laminate with Essential oils:
So, are you tired of buying 10 different products to clean every surface in your house? And to top it off, most of them are probably not safe for you or your family.
Non-Toxic cleaning supplies can work! You just need the right recipe and literally 3 minutes to make them.
So, let's DITCH these expensive, TOXIC cleaning supplies and start building your Natural cleaners today. Starting with this TOXIC-FREE Floor Cleaner that I think will leave you smiling and feeling like you will NEVER buy that other stuff again.
Let’s get started!
This is all that you need:
1 cup unscented liquid Castile soap
2 cups Distilled water or boiled filtered water
100 total drops Essential oil; We recommend a combo of Lemongrass & Orange. We love all citrus essential oils for this recipe, so mix up your favorites!
So try; 50 drops of each Lemongrass & Orange, or Use 25 drops of (4) of your favorite Citrus essential oils, the possibilities are endless. What’s your favorite essential oil combination? This recipe makes enough to clean your floors at least a few dozen times. This should last you months.
24-32 oz sealable bottle— (glass spray bottles are recommended but you can also use certain types of plastic bottles that are safe for use with diluted essential oils. Look for plastic #1 PET or plastic #2 HDPE.) *We save our old Mayonnaise jars & liquor bottles as the glass is nice and thick and we try to reuse as much as possible, so next time you host a party & have extra bottles & jars that are destined for the recycle bin, wash them up and save for these types of blends!
About These Ingredients
- Liquid Castile soap is a fantastic natural cleaner. Castile soap is an amazingly versatile vegetable-based soap that’s made free of animal fats and synthetic ingredients. This natural, nontoxic, biodegradable soap was originally made with Olive oil, now you can find it made with coconut oils, castor oil, hemp and even avocado, walnut & almond oils.
- Distilled Water or boiled filtered water is best to keep the mixture fresher.
- Essential oils are safe & NOT only smell amazing but disinfect! Not only do essential oils smell great, they are powerhouse natural cleaners. We recommend a BLEND of several essential oils for the shower/tub spray as these powerful oils are great non-toxic natural cleaners with antibacterial, antiviral, and deodorizing properties. Each oil that either comes from a Plant, Seed, Root, Flower, etc. each bring their unique properties to help with bacterial, mold, deodorizing and more! Plus, SAFE for you and your whole family, including your pets.
What Essential Oils should you use?
We usually lean towards using citrus essential oils; like orange, lemon or grapefruit because of their Fresh, Crisp Scent. BUT, most importantly for their antiviral & antibacterial properties, and they do a great job of cutting through any dirt and grime on surfaces, but the choice is yours!
We also LOVE Lemongrass as it pairs nicely with other oils and has that crisp citrus scent even though it’s actually a grass!
Fill bottle with Distilled Water
Add Castile Soap & Essential oils of your choice. 100 drops minimum per bottle. Orange essential oil being the most affordable and cuts grease & grime and leaves your surfaces shining and smelling amazing. No more TOXIC fumes when you clean your home!
Secure cap & Shake it gently to mix well! Done. Easy, Peazy, Lemon Squeezy!
How to use
- Shake bottle to mix ingredients before using
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons max into a bucket of HOT water
- Mop with any cloth mop and the MAGIC of natural ingredients will leave your floors clean and smelling fresh.